Friday, April 23, 2010

TUS POEM #3

My Warmth, My Angel
by Rose


Broken, crumpled against the wall
Inside, my soul it bleeds.
Dark memories of my past...
As I cling on to my only security.
If I could just make you see,
Everything I am, is everything I used to be,
I’m gone so far away...
So beyond the light, that no one can see...


Broken, crumpled beyond repair,
Cold to my bones,
My skin trembles under a touch,
The only touch that gives me warmth...
She looks at me with honest eyes,
With a kindness I never knew.
She takes my hand and holds me tight,
And all at once, the fears are gone...


Like a fragile string I’m holding onto
Desperately wishing that it’s not a dream,
If I were to wake up and break it...
No God, don’t wake me up from this sleep!
But she feels real, I can see her now,
I see her even with closed eyes.
She found me, she loved me somehow,
She is my Angel in disguise...


When she puts me together,
Piece by piece of my lost, broken soul,
I can almost believe in happiness
It all doesn’t hurt anymore...
I breathe the air she gave me,
When I was worse than dead.
She soothes and calms, like magic,
The storm inside my head.


Were I to lose her,
I know not what life would mean...
She’s all that keeps me going,
My comfort, my air, my warmth, my everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment