Monday, April 12, 2010

Chapter 12: Method of Secrecy (teaser #2)

I reached out, placing my hand over his in reassurance. I couldn’t help but gasp as I felt that intense warm current surge up my arm as my skin came in contact with his. It only seemed to become more acute the more we touched. He inhaled a crippled breath, closing his eyes as he did so. He flipped his hand over, palm up, and squeezed my hand.  I’m not sure if either of us would ever get acclimated to that feeling.

It wasn’t painful by any means; in fact, it was quite comforting. Truthfully, the warmth felt good. Really good. It reminded me of something, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. I could feel the intensity even through my esophagus, so I had to clear my throat before I could speak. “I understand,” I told him, and even though I’d cleared my throat, my tone was still coarse. I kept speaking, hoping the grittiness in my voice would disappear so it wouldn’t be so obvious how affected I was. Whether I understood it or knew why, touching him affected me and it was beyond confusing. “I know my promising Marcus won’t hurt you won’t make a difference right now, but I hate the idea of you sitting here uncomfortable. And if it’s me, if my being here also makes it difficult for you to…uh…do what you need to do, then I can go and-”

“No,” he said abruptly, shaking his head almost violently as his fingers wrapped tighter around my hand like he was trying to anchor himself to me. “Don’t go away from me…Bella.”

I swallowed thickly, my heart shattering at the fear in his voice, the fear that I’d leave him. As if I ever could.  

2 comments:

  1. EEEEEE!!! Looking even more forward to this chapter than I was before! Poor Edward...he is SO broken I just wanna take him home and cuddle with him! ILY BB! Can't wait for the chapter! You're amazing! <3

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you happen to know when it is going to be posted?

    ReplyDelete