Wednesday, March 24, 2010

FUTURE SCENE FOR TUS

For those who missed the teaser on Fictionators, I posted a future scene of TUS. Call it my way of easing the angst a bit. ;)  I can't give you a Chapter # for this scene yet, just know it's coming. If you didn't read it, here it is.
__________________________________________________________________________________


“Hi,” I mumbled, lazily smiling up at him.

“Hi,” he whispered. He was propped up on his elbow, head resting in the palm of his hand, body pressed against mine so I could feel the intoxicating warmth that was him; he was watching me.

“You okay?” I asked as I wiped the sleep from my eyes.
  
He nodded. “Yeah, I was just watching you sleep.”

“You were?”

He nodded again. “I like to watch you.” He paused as his gaze shifted off me, face appearing beset in thought. Minutes later, his eyes met mine, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips. “You talk…in your sleep.” He brushed his knuckles lightly across my cheek. “You said my name.”

“I do,” I affirmed, because I did dream of him…consistently.

“I dream of you, too,” he replied; no hesitation, no prorogued response. He laid down flat on his back, placing his hands behind his head, staring up toward the ceiling. I assumed his actions meant the end of our conversation, and I had no inclination to push. But the moment I laid down beside him, he sighed emphatically, then said, “Sometimes….sometimes I think I dreamed of you even before I met you, that maybe in another life time you must have been mine.”

2 comments:

  1. wow! i cant wait for this! amazing! i'll be checking back here more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh!!! I like this scene - you should do more! Love your story by the way.

    ReplyDelete